Final exams start Friday and Copley Library is here to help!
- We are open 24/7 from now through Thursday, May 23rd at 9:00pm.
- We have free snacks available courtesy of Associated Students and free coffee courtesy of Access Services Librarians.
- Reference Services are available in person, via chat, or email. Patrons can also utilize our Reference Guides or contact Subject Specialists directly.
- Group study rooms are available and can be reserved through our online system.
- Students can also check out computers & other useful electronics like graphing calculators and phone chargers.
We encourage students to utilize the University’s Finals Week Resources, including stress management and test taking tips, and time management tools.
Copley Library Renovation
If you’ve been in the Library over the last few weeks, you may have noticed some empty shelves and wondered, “What is happening to all the books?”
This summer Copley Library will begin a major renovation as part of the University’s Renaissance Plan. We will be closed to the public for a brief period after finals (Saturday May 25th through Sunday June 2nd) to move our services into the Mother Hill Reading Room.
Rest assured we have taken steps to ensure all patrons have full access to our collection and services for the duration of the renovation, with a few minor changes.
- Most of the library’s print collection is moving to an off-site storage facility, but can be retrieved as needed.
- To request a book from storage simply click the “Request It!” button in our catalog and login with your USDOne credentials. You will receive an email when your item is ready to be picked up from the Access Services Desk.
- The turnaround time for retrieving off-site materials will be similar to Circuit; typically 24 to 48 hours.
- Associated Students Textbooks and Course Reserves, Reference materials, DVDs and CDs, and the Light Reading collection will be available onsite during the renovation.
- The Library will continue to host events and offer workshops with times and locations TBD.
- The Mother Hill Reading Room will be open for patrons to study; have access to computers, printers, and scanners; pick up and drop off materials; access Reserves, Circuit, and circulating technology (laptops, chargers); and receive Reference help.
- We will reopen to the public on Monday June 3rd and will maintain our usual hours throughout the year.
- The entrance to the Mother Hill Reading Room will be through the CEE entrance in Camino Hall.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Access Services at any time throughout this process. We are available by phone (619-270-4799) or email (email@example.com).